Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Growing Up and Growing Older

The other day was one of those days when this mama sees her little boy's growing into young men. Ready or not, they both are growing up and that makes me growing older.

My oldest son, who we call "Brother", because that is what my youngest son (who is called " Bub-e") has called him since he could talk, opened his jar of peanuts without assistance including removing the seal under the lid. That may not be much to some but to this mama who waited years to have a child to care for it is. He also makes his own sandwiches because he wants to be a help to mama. We ended our daylight with the two of them riding their bikes in our driveway. Brother who is seven believed he was big enough to have his training wheels off of his bike. Daddy was on his way home and Brother waited as patiently as he could trying different wrenches in his beginner tool box. He would not ride his bike anymore until daddy was here. As soon as daddy was parked he wasted no time taking his bike to him. Daddy got his tool kit from his trunk and took off the training wheels. Immediately brother was riding his two wheel bike. This mama wanted to cry. Where are those bricks to put on their heads to keep them from growing older?

If that was not enough Bub-e wanted his training wheels off as well. He said he could balance just like brother could. I tried to explain to him he wasn't big enough yet but he started crying. He so loves his big brother and has to do everything big brother does. He came over to me with his tears just beginning to flow from his eyes and said "mama I'll still be your baby but I'm growing up. I'll be your baby boy when I'm an adult. Even a teenager mama. I can balance just like brother." I said to daddy to let him ride brother's bike. Daddy told Brother to hold onto the bike and let Bub-e ride. Bub-e got on the bike just as pleased as he could be while Brother was holding it up. They got about three feet and Bub-e immediately said " I'm not big enough. I'll have to wait until I'm big like Brother." He got off the bike and gladly got back onto his bike, training wheels and all. He became King Richard with helmet and sword and his bike with training wheels was his horse.

I ask again, where are those bricks parents always say they are going to put on their child's head for growing? My boys believe they have grown an inch almost every morning when they wake up. They also say that they can not obey our rule to not grow up that God wants them to grow up because they have to get married to their wife and children too.

I just wanted to share a little growing pain I went through with my little miracle man and my double blessing. I am truly blessed to be the mother of these two boys. Thank you Jesus for answering my prayer to be a mother and then blessing me a second time as well. What a great joy it is to be mama of young boys in my latter days!!! And to be a mama in God's timingits far greater than anything I could have imagined.

It is well with my soul.! Is it well with yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is Well With My Soul.