Tuesday, April 11, 2017

🌻 Sunflower: Weed or Worship 🌻

For years I loved the sunflower but could not put a finger on why.  One year I agreed to take a Sunday School teacher's position of junior girls with fourth, fifth and sixth graders that later became open to seventh and eighth graders also.

In choosing a name because I loved sunflowers I thought why not Sunflower Junior Girls? So I began to do a little research about the sunflower. I wanted to teach these girls why the Sunflower name was chosen. Many of my friends teased me about the only reason I was naming the class Sunflower Junior Girls was because I was from Kansas. Some said I was naming the class after a weed that most cut down. Of course, this was not so but I like that idea too, that of being from Kansas anyway.

As I researched I learned that the flower head always followed the sun no matter the weather. If it was cloudy the flower head was still facing the direction that the sun was in the clouds.  If it was rainy the flower head was still facing the sun's direction. I began watching the weather and watching the sunflower heads and without fail they were always facing the sun's direction. Although I could not see the sun they knew in what direction the sun was facing. I found it to be amazing! Then I learned that as the sunflower head matures it begins to bow down. Wow!

What an awesome testimony this one plant that many call a weed has. Something that is thought to be insignificant has  more sense than some Christians that I know.

You see, as Christians we are supposed to follow the SON of God who is Christ Jesus The LORD. Whether life is stormy, or we can't see through the cloudy circumstances, or we're just sailing along the sunshiny seas, we are to always know the direction The SON of God is and face him. Will we always see him? Physically no. But spiritually we can because we should be daily learning to know the direction in which he is. How do we learn daily to know his direction? By reading the Word of God, the King James Authorized Version of 1611. Why the KJAV 1611? If I'm reading a letter from my husband I don't want someone else's interpretation of what he is saying to me in his love letter, I want his words as he wrote them. If I am drinking a glass of milk I don't want it watered down. Any other version is just that... someone else's watered down version of an interpretation of the original letter that had been preserved by The God of heaven for man to have today. Period.

As we go through this life and as we go through struggles and trials, we mature as Christians. As we mature we learn to glorify God thus worship Him more too. We learn to bow our heart's to Christ. We learn that nothing is of our own doing but all comes from Him for our good to help us to worship Him more. We learn that "I can do all things through Christ which strenghteneth me". We learn that "I must decrease and He must increase". And ultimately one day every knee will bow down and worship Him in heaven. What a happy day that will be... To see Jesus face to face... the author and finisher of our faith.

After learning what a sunflower does in worship of its creator, it is no wonder that I was so fascinated by this weed to many but a true wonder to me. Oh, how much were can learn from the sunflower!!

It is well with my soul. Is it well with yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is Well With My Soul.