Saturday, April 22, 2017

How To Have A Good Day

I don't know about many of y'all but there are some days that I just don't quite have it all together and at the end of the day I feel like it has been a bad day. The truth is that I let my circumstances affect my attitude and I don't get done the things that I should get done or I say something that I ought not to have said. For the Christian, every day should be a good day because we have been bought with a price (I Corinthians 6:20; 7:23)and redeemed by the blood of the lamb. Oh, how I fall short!

The Bible tells us that "the thief cometh not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..." (John 10:10): he will steal our joy if we will let him, he will kill our spirit if we will let him, and he will destroy our testimony if we will let him.

Sometimes we need a reminder about having a good day. Not too long ago I got that reminder from an evangelist (Dr. Dave Spurgeon) I went to hear. It was refreshing to hear this particular message and I thought I would share...

How To Have A Good Day:
(I Peter 3:8-17; James 3)

Conversation - think about what you say. Don't speak just to hear yourself.(I Peter 3:10)

Conduct - Eschew: abstain from, avoid, stay away, shun evil. Don't walk the line of things that are or could be questionable. If you have to ask is this questionable then it is more likely than not, questionable. (I Peter 3:11) However, a good question to ask is, would this be pleasing to Christ, my Saviour?

Contact - have regular fellowship with the Saviour. Thirst after and for his fellowship. Seek peace and Pursue after it. True Peace comes from Jesus and only Him. (I Peter 3:11)

Confidence - don't waver in your trust of God. Jesus never changes and is always faithful in his love and care for and toward us. (I Peter 3:13) He is "the same yesterday, and today, and forever". (Hebrews 13:8)

Consecration - set yourself apart for Jesus Christ in your service and in your worship. Remember who you are serving... yourself or Christ? Your glory and praise of men or Jesus Christ and his glory because of what he did for you (and I) on the cross? (I Peter 3:15)

Conscience - don't hold onto guilt and confess your sin. Don't let sin go unconfessed. Unconfessed sin can lead to guilt and can affect your relationship with Christ. And the most important relationship one will ever have is that with Jesus Christ. (I Peter 3:16)

Remember to be Real! Be real with yourself and with others. Don't Be A Counterfeit.! Be the person that God believes you can be and you will have a good day!!!

It is well with my soul.! Is is well with yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is Well With My Soul.